Monday, May 4, 2015

Welcome Flower Moon


Full moon
Your beauty mesmerizes
Your light shines
Your presence makes our spirit soar
You are so full and soulful
Illuminating the night for all 
- Fortunato


Good morning my friends and welcome to a brand new week.  I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did.  Weather wise, it was darn close to perfection.

Flower Moon, the night of May 3rd 2015
The weekend ended with a warm and clear night.  I took my camera and went outside to look for the full moon and I found it against pitch black sky with not even a cloud nearby.  It had just began rising so it was golden, larger in size and simply beautiful.

May's full moon is called not surprisingly Flower Moon as well as Mother's Moon, Milk Moon and Corn Planting Moon.  It marks the time of increased fertility for both animals and plants alike, when the temperatures are warm enough to safely bear the young, when trees blossom and flowers begin to bloom.

This year's Flower Moon is right on the mark because so far we've had a wonderful start to the month of May.  The temperatures remain somewhat above seasonal and the sun has blessed us with its presence almost every single day for the past week.  An explosion of life has taken place charging the air with energy I can feel on my skin. All the trees are blossoming at once, wildflowers are popping out everywhere and tulips are beginning to bloom. 

This week we are expecting much of the same weather with couple of days of rain in between.  That would actually be lovely and very much welcome by the emerging plant life.  Maybe we'll even catch a thunderstorm or two.  Now, that is always a treat.

Namaste


10 comments:

  1. I think the sight of a full moon is wonderful, enjoyed your post very much.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Silver Shining Wheel of
    Radiance, Radiance!
    Mother, come to us!"

    A snippet of a pagan chant to celebrate the full moon tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sat on the porch of the little apartment over my workshop last night. It's the best place to view the moon, and the meadow which is silvery with moonlight. Later I went down to the main house and sat down there awhile with my pipe. The forest is illuminated by a strong moon, even now that the leaves are on the trees. Very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the moon illuminates the dark world. It sounds like you have a great little spot to watch and enjoy. :)

      Delete
  4. We are in for a nice warm week as well. I went to the park today after class, and after an hour had to leave. It was too darn hot for me. Only Friday it was feeling like winter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha... how so very soon we'll all be complaining that it's too hot. You can't have it perfect I guess. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for taking such a magnificent photo of that moon on that day, for that day means a great deal to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lon! I like to take new pictures of moon even though it always looks the same. Just knowing that it was the picture of that particular moon on that particular day means something special. :)

      Delete