Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Scrambled Ramblings


Of all the days that's in the week
I dearly love but one day
And that's the day that comes betwixt
A Saturday and Monday.
~Henry Carey

Good morning my lovely friends on this Sunday that feels like Saturday.  

Why you might ask?

Because here in Canada we are enjoying our first long weekend of the season.  It's Victoria Day weekend, or May two-four weekend and hence tomorrow we have another day off.

Weather wise it couldn't be better.  Mother Nature has been kind to us.  It's mid twenties Celsius with lots of sunshine but not too much humidity.  It's funny to talk about humidity here in Ontario in May but we've had couple of super hot and humid days already.  Last weekend was pretty hot indeed.  I don't want to jinx anything but it looks like we might have a nice summer this year.  That would be very nice, since last year we barely had summer at all.

I'm probably going to spend an entire day in the garden, mostly weeding and cleaning up a bit.  All my plants are growing like crazy but so do weeds.  It's a never-ending struggle to keep my babies free from uninvited company.

Not all uninvited company is undesirable though.  Here is a photo of sweet violets (Viola Odorata) that grow like wild fire on my back lawn and keep creeping into my vegetable beds.  They are simply gorgeous and did you know they were edible?



Indeed they are.  The entire plant with leaves and flower head is edible.  I love picking a leaf as I walk by and munch on it.  I also put them in my salads.  I let them grow wherever they want except for my vegetable beds. 

Now it's time to have my morning tea and head back outside.  It's too beautiful out there to be stuck indoors. 

Namaste


5 comments:

  1. I think you are the only other Canadian blogger I read besides Kymber. She lives on the east coast of your country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures and a wonderful write to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the violets that grow in my yard too. I didn't realize that some were edible. I'll have to check to see which ones in my area are as I have at least 2-3 varieties in my yard right now. Happy Victoria Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Victoria Day. Your garden is so beautiful. Makes me really miss mine, but I realize I can no longer do the work to keep it up. So, I live vicariously through yours.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete