Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Scrambled Ramblings


“As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness -- just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breathe it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.” 
- Laura Ingalls Wilder

Good morning my dear friends and happy Sunday to you all.  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

We've been having the most amazing weather here for the past several days and today it's looking to be yet another one.  Nothing but sunshine and temperatures just above 20°C.

Yesterday I spent an entire day in the yard.  I cleaned, planted, transplanted, pruned and cleaned some more.  

I prepared our gazebo for the summer and brought out the cushions for the chairs.  We sat in the gazebo for the first time this season.  

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now.  It's the simplest things in life that make me feel whole.  The sunshine in the sky, flowers sprouting from the ground and the trees blossoming.  Having Earth come to life all around breathes new life into me.  I really don't need much more than this.

After dinner I took Angelina for an ice cream to our local corner bakery.  We sat at the picnic table in front of the bakery, ate our ice cream and watched the country traffic go by.  It was warm and sunny and so peaceful.

As a culmination of this wonderful day, I lit the tepee I built in our firepit earlier in the day.  We sat and watched the fire consume the wood, sparking and crackling, singing its fiery tunes.

Today we'll have much of the same weather wise, so I'm off to make myself some delicious tea and go have it outside on my deck.  I don't want to waste a minute of this precious sunny day.

Namaste 


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely!
    I,too, am a great believer in the appreciation of simple everyday things.
    It is all to easy to lose sight of life's simple pleasures in our mad race to fulfill our increasingly complicated goals.
    Thank you so much for sharing these precious moments in your life...I felt like I was actually there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing day. I'm looking forward to having first ice cream with Lavinia. We are planning it on a hot nice day and she definitely won't be wearing white...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing day. I'm looking forward to having first ice cream with Lavinia. We are planning it on a hot nice day and she definitely won't be wearing white...lol.

    ReplyDelete