Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday Tea Talk: Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng Green Tea


Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves — slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. 
~Thich Nat Hahn


Good morning my dear friends!  It's glorious Saturday and I'm feeling a million times better today than yesterday.  I feel rested, refreshed and looking forward towards this weekend.  We have some beautiful weather in store, mid twenties Celsius and sunshine.  I couldn't ask for more.

This morning's tea is a lot more special because I'm having it in the tea cup my kids gave me on Mother's Day.  I moved the flowers to another mug and washed the cup for my first use.  I couldn't wait until the flowers died and why should I.  This way I can enjoy the flowers and the tea cup. :)

The tea I picked for this beautiful spring morning is Organic Tian Mu Mao Feng green tea from Teavivre.  I got the free sample of it with my last Teavivre order. 

When I first cut the sample package open I was pleasantly surprised.  The leaves looked and smelled great! They were long, tightly rolled with vibrant dark green colour and they smelled fresh, vegetal and buttery.  Everything I could possibly want in a green tea.


The tea cup my kids gave me is of a fair size, probably about 2 standard cups so I steeped a good amount of tea, about a flat tablespoon (the tablespoon one uses to eat, about 5-7 grams) in 79°C water for about 1.5 minutes.  The resulting brew was light golden in colour with a pleasant sweet, vegetal aroma.  I took my cup outside to drink and sipped it while soaking up sun rays and grounding myself with Mother Earth.


The taste did not disappoint me.  The tea was delicious.  It was sautéed spinach with butter in a cup with added sweetness.  As the tea cooled there was a hint of an astringency that tickled the sides of my tongue reminding me that I am in fact drinking tea.    

I've enjoyed this tea so much that I am considering a purchase.  I'll be ordering my usual Dragonwell from Teavivre this coming week and I will probably order a package of this as well.  It's a great tea for a price, almost half the price of Dragonwell but with loads of great taste.  And organic to boot!  I don't think I can say no to this. 

Namaste


2 comments:

  1. I found this very interesting as I am not a tea drinker myself but found out something new to day.
    Thank you.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete