Sunday, May 10, 2015

On this Mother's Day

Mother 
If I could give you diamonds
for each tear you cried for me.
if I could five you sapphires
for each truth you've helped me see.
If I could give you rubies
for the heartache that you've known
If I could give you pearls
for the wisdom that you've shown. 
Then you'll have a treasure, mother,
that would mount up to the skies
That would almost match
the sparkle in your kind and loving eyes. 
But I have no pearls, no diamonds,
As I'm sure you're well aware
So I'll give you gifts more precious
My devotion, love and care. 
- Author Unknown


Today I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers and grandmothers out there.  May you have a wonderful day filled with love and brilliant sunshine.

This is going to be a short post because million things are happening at my house.  Two days ago it was my twins' birthday and today our whole family will be celebrating that plus the Mother's Day. There will be about 14 people in my house later today, three of them mothers: Myself, my Mom and my sister. Although we always get together on twins' birthday it is never on actual Mother's Day so today will be special and I'm really looking forward to it.  

My hubby gave me the most beautiful Mother's Day present in the world.  He agreed to not cut the lawns so both front and back of my house have turned into fields of dandelions in the last several days.  It's a sight to treasure and savour and I love him that much more for it.

Now I'm going to make myself a Mother's Day tea and enjoy it outside on my deck.  It's going to be a hot and sunny one out there today.

Namaste


8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Are you planning on making dandelion wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great one as well! Dandelion wine? Never heard of it... will have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! It was nice poem up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Y! Nice to meet you! And if you're a Mom, I hope you had a happy day too. :)

      Delete
  3. That was a lovely poem, Kamyria. I trust you had a blessed and wonderful day! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I am late in commenting.
    This was a beautiful post any mother.....me included would be proud to recieve.
    Excellent read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day. It's always fun when you're able to celebrate with your family. I hope you had a wonderful day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poem. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete