Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Birthday Mina and Sheila!


What's cuter than one baby?
A precious set of twins!
With matching little outfits -
And matchless little grins...
With twice as many babies,
How very busy you will be -
Just think of all the loving
They'll bring your family.
~Author Unknown



Today my beautiful girls Mina and Sheila are turning 21. Happy birthday girls!

No matter how many children a mother has, nothing can ever prepare her for twins. My adventure with twins began on the day I got a phone call from my doctor's office. I've had ultrasound done just few days prior and I was worried a little bit. I had a feeling that the technician was surprised by something during the test but didn't want to share it with me. I tried telling myself it was just my imagination but sometimes it's easier said than done. When the doctor office called, I was both happy and anxious at the same time.

The nurse cleared her throat and reassured me that everything is okay with the baby... Ahem, babies.

I nearly fainted....

"Babies??"
"Yes, you're having twins. There are two babies in there."

I am never going to forget that conversation and how it made me feel as long as I live. I wasn't exactly sure what was happening. I wasn't sure what I was feeling. I was happy and scared at the same time. Twins? Me? How? What? Twins???

21+ years later my adorable little babies have grown into beautiful young women. They are not identical twins but in physical aspects there are many similarities. They are both stunning with dark captivating eyes and thick long brunette hair. Their personalities on the other hand are just as unique and special today as they were the day they were born. One is calm and laid back, while the other takes her life at 100 miles /second.

My girls are both smart with bright futures ahead of them.  I love them both very much and I'm proud to call them my daughters.  Having twins was scary at first but if time was to go back, I would do it all over again.  I hope they'll have a wonderful day and enjoy themselves as much as they possibly can.

Happy birthday kiddos!


15 comments:

  1. Such a lovely and touching story.
    Happy Birthday!!!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to those lovely ladies! A big Happy Mother's Day to you! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, girls! And 21 -- my, my, my, what a wonderful age to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. Thank you for your lovely comment Debra! :)

      Delete
  4. Most heart warming to read and look at.
    Happy Birthday to those sweet children.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet tale, and what a stalwart mother! Happy Birthday to your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much dear friend. :)

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday little ones.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really touching story.
    Such beautiful little girls...and I bet they're just as beautiful today!

    Happy Birthday to your wonderful girls!!

    And have a Fabulous Weekend...:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully told story! Happy Birthday Mina and Sheila!!

    ReplyDelete