Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Scrambled Ramblings


Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw


The best thing in the world, is to open your eyes in the morning to the room bathed in warm rays of the sun and realize it's weekend and you don't have to go anywhere.  It's your choice what you want to do.  Close your eyes and re-enter your dream, lie in bed and meditate, or get up and get on with your day, albeit as slowly as you desire.

Such is the beauty of the weekend.

Yesterday we had a beautiful day just as I was expecting it to be.  The temperature rose and the sun kept shining all day.  I took all my seedlings out for much deserved basking in the sun and throughout the day watched them point their little heads towards the big bright ball of fire in the sky.  After many days of cold and hibernation inside the four walls, my babies were happy to breathe some fresh air and bask in the sun.

I also did some garden work.  I planted few more potatoes and cleaned up a bit.  This year I don't have a good spot to grow my potatoes all together, so some will be growing in big containers and some will be growing in couple of smaller spots I found in the garden, far away from last year's patch.  Potatoes are one of those vegetables that should never be grown in the same spot two years in the row.  The crop rotation is especially important here but that means a lot of headache for someone with a smaller yard like myself.  There are only so many sunny spots available.

Today it's setting up to be another beautiful day.  It's warming up quickly and I think I'll have my tea outside on the deck.  I'm having the aged sheng from yesterday since there is still a lot of life left in those leaves.  Gotta love good quality tea.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Namaste


3 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a good day. Very pleased gor you.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yvonne! Yes, it was pleasant indeed. Blessings, my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking about trying to grow potatoes in a container, layer on top of layer. Have you seen those? Suppose to make all kinds if you wait to add more dirt when the first layer sprouts through the top?
    I dunno but I may just try it yet.
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete