Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Birthday Sara!


"There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why."

- William Barclay


Today is my oldest daughter's birthday.  She is turning 23 years old.  I can hardly believe that.  Where did the time go?

I was only 20 years old when I gave birth to Sara.  Over the years she's grown to become a fine young lady.  We've been through a lot, her and I, things have not always been easy, but we've survived and have grown to be best friends through it all.  

Sometimes during her teenaged years she went on the crusade to change the world.  I remember having some serious but wonderful talks with her in which I told her that my voice and actions alone will not do much, that what I do will be drowned out by hordes of people who are happy and ignorant with the way things are in the world.

She told me, "Mom, if everyone thinks this way, then yes. But if we all do something on our own in the right direction, despite everybody else,  it will add up."  I didn't tell her this at that time, but she was right and these words, and many that followed were the catalyst leading to me eventually waking up and seeing the matrix we are living in for what it really is. 

Last year our family attended celebrations as Sara graduated university with honours, majoring in both philosophy and political science.  I was one proud mama.  She is bright, smart and very determined and she shows it every step of the way.  She is also an artist both visual and musical.  She is the lead singer in the band Television Rd and last year they've released their first CD.

Happy Birthday Sara!  May all your dreams and wishes come true.  Keep doing what you're doing and above it all, stay true to yourself.  Be who you want to be and do what you want to do.

I love you kiddo!

Namaste.

12 comments:

  1. Sara sounds like a fabulous young woman! Happy Birthday to her and may she change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara sounds like a very astute young woman and I wish her a Very Happy 23rd Birthday!!!

    The years go by
    and then they're grown
    to leave our side
    the nest, they've flown.
    But in our hearts
    children...they still will be
    forever loved
    through eternity~

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful poem... Thank you so much Jan! :)

      Delete
  3. Tell your daughter happy birthday from me, even though she doesn't know me, and let her know I love the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children like your lovely daughter are the only hope this old world has. They will be the ones who transform it. You should be very proud. My oldest "grand daughter" is 28! I have to go lie down now! ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you raised a lovely young woman. Wish her a Happy Birthday for me. (They do grow so quickly, don't they? Can't believe my eldest is close to 40. Yikes!!!)
    Mary




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much did. Thank you Mary! :)

      Delete
  6. This was a very nice post about Sara and your years together as mama and daughter. Happy Birthday to my first niece!!

    ReplyDelete