Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday This and That


"But listen to me. For one moment
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
around you." 
- Rumi


Good morning my lovely friends.  I hope this Good Friday finds you in great health and spirit.  It was absolutely wonderful to sleep in this morning as last night I went to bed very, very late.

When I woke up Hercules was sleeping on my legs as he usually does.   Every morning I tend to wake up slowly, first checking if he is there so I don't move and shove him off the bed, which has happened few times in the past.  It makes me feel bad every time.

We lay there together for a while while I meditated and I'm sure he did too.  It's such a great activity first thing in the morning.   Not for long, only 5-7 minutes but long enough to give me nice and peaceful start to the day.  My morning meditations are always centered around breathing and being present in the brand new day.

Yesterday I bought some extra eggs and my kiddos and I will be colouring them later this afternoon.
We always have a lot of fun doing it.  It's the Easter tradition I love and cherish but not in a religious context. To me Easter is the celebration of our family as we all get together during this time, our love for each other and the renewal of life as Earth wakes up from months of deep slumber.  To me the celebration started with the first day of spring and continues through Easter.  Tomorrow we will welcome the first full moon of the new season.

Right now I will go and have my late morning tea.  I think a cup of freshly opened Dragonwell green tea is in order. I might even have it outside as sun has come out to bless us with its warmth and brilliance.  It looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day.

Namaste



9 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start out your day my friend, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Lon. Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Happy holidays, my friend. Hercules sure is a beauty. You are blessed.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a beautiful Family Celebration and I must say that I love your thoughts on a short meditation before you start your day.
    Love those colored eggs...what fun!!!
    Hercules is very handsome and he looks so sweet.
    Best wishes to you and yours~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. Blessings to you and your family :)

      Delete
  4. Couldn't have said it any better myself! Great post!!! Many Blessings and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Caer. Many blessings to you and you family. :)

      Delete
  5. "Hear blessings
    dropping their blossoms
    around you."

    Gawd, I love Rumi. He never wrote a bad line.

    ReplyDelete