Thursday, April 30, 2015

Good Bye April


"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
a cloud come over the sunlit arch,
And wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March."
- Robert Frost, Two Tramps in Mud Time, 1926


Good morning everyone and happy Thursday!  I hope this day find you in great health and spirit. There have been so many wonderful and happy post lately with people enjoying the amazing weather we've been gifted.  It's such a pleasure to read each and every single one.

Today is the last day of April, can you believe that? At the danger of sounding like a broken record I'm going to ask: Where did this April go?  Did it really go that fast or was I having a lot of fun? Maybe a little bit of both. 

As a matter of fact, April has been pedalling at such neck breaking pace that my poor daffodils nearly missed the blooming mark.  One more day and they would have bloomed in May instead of April. Aren't they supposed to bloom in mid April?  They are about two weeks late this year, I think.  Having said that, I was pretty happy to see the first one open its beautiful head sometime yesterday. Hello gorgeous!

For today's post I picked the quote above because I found it pretty amusing at how accurately it described this year's April.  Weather wise, we had a little bit of everything depending on which way or how fast the wind blew.  This April was like a chameleon masking itself as March or May whenever it felt like.  The stretch of recent cold weather with gale winds, snow and hail was especially unnerving, because it arrived so late in the month.  I'm glad we're done with that and hopefully for good.

Despite the stretch of frigid weather, this was a pretty good month all around.  We've celebrated two birthdays (my oldest daughter's and Hercules's), rejoiced in family celebrations during Easter, have been visited by Easter bunny which left a lot of chocolate all over the house, and saw the start of this year's garden.  My back is a little stiff these days, my nails have dirt in them I can't get out, but my heart is full of joy and hope for the new season.  I'm bringing this happiness with me into May and hope that it will treat us just as good if not better than April did.

Welcome back beautiful May!

Namaste


11 comments:

  1. I hear you on the nails part. I hate wearing gloves and this happens a lot lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... I really, really don't like wearing gardening gloves. I love feeling the soil beneath my fingertips even though my hands suffer afterwards... :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post and a joy to read.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Yvonne and your kind comments. Your blog is a delight to read as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe April is gone already. No one ever warned me that time would fly by so fast when I got older. The newscaster said this morning that a third of the year is gone already. I ask, "Where has it gone?" My birthday's gone for another year, and my eldest was another year older on Saturday. Hard to believe.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, right? Can you imagine? A third of the year gone already? It's mind blowing. Thank you for stopping by Mary. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Kamyria...April did, indeed, speed by. Hope we all have a good May, too. Thanks for your insightful posts. Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I hope the same for you. :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, goodbye April and hello May. May you bring sunshine everyday!!

    ReplyDelete