Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Scrambled Ramblings


“Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” 
- Rumi


Happy Sunday beautiful friends, I hope everyone is having a great start to their day. 

It feels wonderful to wake up all on your own instead being startled by an alarm clock.  It really does make a lot of difference and this week has been my best proof of that.  I don't get much more sleep on the weekends than during the week but for some reason I feel million times better regardless.  It's clear to me that my body has not adjusted to the time change from last weekend.  I still prefer waking with the rising sun.  I guess nature knows better than silly humans.

Today I'll be making pancakes from scratch for Angelina I when she wakes up.  It's been a long while since we had pancakes and a little one has been craving them.  I guess I stirred up the desire when I mentioned going to the Maple Syrup Festival during the March break.  There is a community close by that throws a great festival every March and kids have have a lot of fun there: they visit with farm animals including horses, play in the barn, ride horse buggy and have an awesome pancake lunch. 

We'll pick a day to go there, maybe even tomorrow since it looks like the only warm day this coming week.

As the temperatures outside remains above freezing, things in the yard are slowly being released from the grip of the ice and snow.  I went into my yard this week to get a pot of soil which I will need to get my seedlings started.  It was still stuck in ice but somehow I loosened it up.  I brought the pot into the house and it's been slowly defrosting and warming up to the room temperature. Now I really have everything I need to get my tomato and kale seedlings started. I'll be doing that either today or on Tuesday. Exciting times indeed.

And now it's time to go and enjoy my Sunday morning tea.  Today I am having a 2012 Wild Monk Sheng from Mandala Tea.  It's delicious.  Tea is my refuge, my little piece of paradise.  

Namaste.



2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, it does feel wonderful not to have that alarm clock anymore, although my body seems to be its own alarm clock. When I retired I had thoughts of dreamy sleep-in mornings, but I find myself getting up the same time as if I was still working. Try as I might to go back to sleep, it just doesn't work.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things work in the strangest ways, don't they? Thank you for your visit Mary :)

      Delete