Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Kitty Corner (video)


"It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle, and discriminating little friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more."

~Agnes Repplier


It was another busy week for our four legged friends.  They ate, played, slept and cuddled and then ate and slept some more.

After Angelina's birthday party on Sunday, Hercules needed a lot of rest.   I still don't know how he survived being chased around the house by four 9 year olds.  He has a lot more patience that me, that's for sure.  Oliver was smart, figured out what was happening and found a hiding spot early in the day.  I couldn't find him at all the entire Sunday.

What I did find was both of them curled up on my bed several times this week.  This is a totally new development, something they've never done before. I think they are becoming best buddies.  As Hercules was trying to catch up on some sleep and dignity, Oliver would find him and join him for a little cuddle time.


That's of course when he wasn't busy chasing great big balls of air.  After Angelina's birthday party, the house was filled with balloons, balloons of all colours and sizes, and balloons that floated at the most gentle touch of a paw.  Magical balloons that had to be poked, pushed, pounced on and floated away.  Oliver, as we found out, loves balloons and balloons love him.

I spent a lot of time watching him and recording his care free amusements on the video.  Like someone once said, "time spent with a cat is never wasted".  I totally agree with that statement.  I can sit and observe our kitty cats all day long, watch my time slip away and not regret one minute of it. They are beautiful and fascinating creatures.

Cheers!




6 comments:

  1. They are such little blessings. Please give them a hug for me.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kamyria....That was a delightful video. Loved the music, too. I'm like you----a cat person. Love them. Oh, the kids must have had a blast. Susan p.s. Thanks so much for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan and you're very welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh yes, kitties and "their" toys! I always thought it was funny how we can buy our cats all kinds of cat toys, but they would much rather play with yarn, a pen or pencil, or pretty much anything you have lying around the house! LOL!

    Cute vid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right? I stopped buying cat toys long time ago because I don't think I ever found anything in stores that cats would actually play with long term. Cats are really good at finding things to entertain them for free. :D

      Delete