Friday, February 6, 2015

The Cats in My Family

If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner or later, it returns once again for a little while, to greet us with its own type of love. 

~Lloyd Alexander

Last week when I did a post on Oliver, the new cat resident of my home, I realized that I've never talked about some other kitties in our family. We are a family of cats and at the present there are four felines spread over two different cities and they are all males.

Everyone of course knows Hercules, the king of our jungle here. He is a gentle giant, has tons of patience and welcomes all cat visitors with grace and tolerance.

Hercules in one of his favourite spots, looking out the window
Hercules grooming Oliver who came to him for some cuddles

Next is Oliver which I introduced last week. Oliver and Hercules are growing their bond (as you can see from the picture above) and doing great. Oliver continues to break the rules of the house as I caught him on the kitchen counter again this morning.

Oliver after dinner
The third cat of the family is Leo. Leo lives with one of my adult twin daughters and he is three years old. I don't know much about Leo because he is not an easy cat to get to know. He is what I call a scaredy cat, running away as soon as I approach. Bribing him with food doesn't usually work and it seems that sometimes he much rather go on hunger strike than interact with me.

Leo in my daughter's hands
Leo asking for food
Last but not least is Sasha. Sasha is my oldest daughter's cat and he lives in Peterborough, about 2.5 hours car ride away from my house. He used to spend whole summers at my house when my daughter was attending university and bonded well with Hercules.  Sasha is a little trouble maker and likes to venture into electronics and create havoc.  My daughter lost an important assignment she was working on one day when Sasha sneaked behind her computer and turned the power off.

Sasha relaxing
Sasha posing
Sasha on the couch looking like a real troublemaker he is

All these kitties get together at least once a year during Christmas.  My house then turns into a cat house and it's a lot of fun.  This last December we missed Sasha who didn't come to Christmas for the first time in his short cat life.  I hope he'll visit us sometime soon.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Adorable kitties! Your pics are wonderful ... they made me smile! We have three females (Haley, Kiki & Tabitha) and my little baby boy (already 8 years of age) Midnight. And, we are taking care of a stray grey male tabby cat whom my husband has named "Leo." Fits him perfectly and we are working on trust as to be able to welcome him into our cat family as well.

    LOVE male cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady! :) You have one busy home with four kitties running around. I hope your stray friend works out great, you are such awesome people to take him in. And his name is Leo too! :)

      Delete