Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Reflections

“Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.” 
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Glorious Sunday!  Go to bed late on Saturday and sleep in on Sunday.  It's the best feeling in the world.  For me anyways.

I hope your weekend is going great and this Sunday finds you in great health and spirit.

Outside today is cloudy and windy with some ice pellets slowly accumulating everywhere.  It makes the trees look beautiful and turns the neighbourhood into a winter wonderland.  As pretty as it looks though, I hope it stops before the trees start snapping like dry twigs, something that happened to us just over a year ago.  Last spring I had a whole yard of broken trees to clear after a spectacular ice storm of December 2013.  Never seen anything like it.

I went out earlier this morning and snapped several shots of the nearby countryside.  It was really beautiful out there.





For now the forecast is 10 cm of snow and ice pellets to fall throughout today.  I hope most of it is snow.  

As I'm sitting here contemplating what to do this afternoon, I'm drinking Mandala's Wild Monk 2012 Sheng Puer.  It's super delicious.  I bought this tea last year and like a good wine, with time it's only getting better. Hopefully I can age it some more before I steep the last leaf.  Stop by my tea blog later today for more detailed review.

Cheers!





2 comments:

  1. I enjoy the different quotes you use for each of your posts. I think that's a great idea.

    That teacup is soooo pretty. Pretty teacups make tea time that much more enjoyable... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dee! I love picking out a quote every morning and I'm happy others find them enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete