Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Bowl Sunday Reflections

Announced by all the trumpets of the sky,
Arrives the snow, and, driving o'er the fields,
Seems nowhere to alight: the whited air
Hides hills and woods, the river, and the heaven,
And veils the farmhouse at the garden's end.
The sled and traveller stopped, the courier's feet
Delayed, all friends shut out, the housemates sit
Around the radiant fireplace, enclosed In a tumultuous privacy of storm.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Hercules says "Hello"
Yet another Sunday rolled around and this time it's a Super Bowl Sunday. A lot of people are busy with last minute party preparations and excited for a day of good food, good company and hopefully good American football.

I wish them all a lot of fun, but as you maybe already guessed, I am not a Super Bowl fan. Today for me it's just another Sunday but no less exciting because we are under a major snowstorm watch.  They are calling for 25-30 cm (10-12 inches) of the white stuff and I am thrilled.  Winter is not a favourite season of mine but if we must have such a season, I prefer it be with a lot of snow.  Extreme cold without the mounds of white fluffiness is no fun.

I've prepared well for the arrival of this possible inclement weather.  All my outside errands are done and there is no reason to go anywhere except maybe in my backyard if the snow starts falling pretty hard.  I hope it will.  Maybe I'll catch some of the magic on my camera to share with you all.

My hubby won't be sharing in this fun with me because he, on the other hand, is a Super Bowl fan. He's getting together with some friends and they have plans to drive out of town to meet up with more friends to watch the big game.  Mother Nature is a great trickster however, and I expect that things might get a little hairy for these Super Bowl fans if they are planning on coming back tonight. That's when we are supposed to get the biggest dump of snow.

Fengqing Zhuan Cha Raw Pu'erh 2005
As the wind outside is beginning to pick up, it's time for my Sunday morning tea.  Today I'm having Fengqing Zhuan Cha Raw Pu'erh 2005 from Teavivre.  It's delicious and aromatic, with deep woodsy notes reminding me of a wet forest after a good summer soak.  Stop by Paradise In My Teacup for a review later this afternoon.

Have a wonderful Super Bowl/Snowstorm Sunday friends!  

I hope that whatever you end up doing today, you'll stay safe and have lots of fun.

Cheers!





3 comments: