Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday Morning with Alan Watts: Who are you?


"Think about that. What would it be like to go to sleep and never wake up?
And if you think long enough about that something will happen to you. You will find out among other things, that it will pose the next question to you.
What was it like to wake up after never gone to sleep?"
Alan Watts


Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!  I hope today finds you in a great health and spirit.

We are expecting another weather system to go through today and tomorrow.  Looks like it will bring some more snow and ice pellets.  I'm happy with the snow, the more the better because Angel and I want to build a snow fort sometime soon.  The ice pellets on the other hand,  I could do without.  Lets just wait and see.

Today I have for you an excerpt from the lecture by Alan Watts which is very profound and moves me to tears every time I listen to it.  It comes with some great imagery and music put together by Tragedy and Hope which I think accentuates the message.  You might want to turn the captions on to make sure you catch every single word.

Take a listen.  There is not much I can say about it except: think.  Think deeply about what he has to say and when you do, something amazing happens indeed.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday Night here form my Homeland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Muhammad, I hope you had a great one as well

      Delete