Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Reflections

“When sad she brings the thunder 
And her tears, they bring the rain
When ill she feeds a poison
To us all to fell her pain
Her smiles they bring the sunshine
And the laughter and the wind
And the birds they go on singing
And the world is whole again. 
"Smile, sweet Sunday," Wednesday whispered in her ear. "The birds need your love so they can lift their wings.” 
- Alethea Kontis, Enchanted




Good Afternoon everyone and Happy Sunday!  I hope today finds you in great health and spirit.  We have a beautiful, sunny but very cold day in our neck of the woods so the plan is to stay in, keep warm, drink tea and have fun.  Hercules of course will be napping most of the day.

It's been snowing last night and I was full of hope that we might get some substantial snow coverage. Unfortunately I didn't quite get my wish.  All we got was about 1-2 cm worth of snow, which is not enough to cover all the ice that formed about a week ago.  I went out earlier this morning and it was still quite slippery out there.  All hope is not lost however, because they are calling for more snow tonight.  That would be lovely.

Today I'm enjoying a very special tea.  Up until two days ago I didn't even know this tea was possible.  I'm talking about the pine needle tea.

What is a pine needle tea?  Exactly what it sounds like.  It's made by steeping pine needles. From the moment I heard about it I was intrigued.  I wasn't sure what it would taste like so I grabbed couple of twigs of the pine tree in my backyard to try it out.  It's actually not too bad.  Stop by my Paradise In My Teacup later for some details.



Today is Sunday and that means that the weekend is almost over.  That's always a sad thought.  Both my little girl and I love weekends as we stay up late and sleep in late.  Sunday also means that the outside errands are done (I always do them on Saturday) so the only things left are laundry, dinner and fun activities.

One of the fun activities I have planned for today is making my very own beeswax candles.  I only have one big candle and three tea-lights left so it's about time to make some more.  You never know when the power goes out and these candles have been awesome every time we have a power outage. Of course, I use them for other occasions as well.  Below is a pic from a previous candle making session.


The beeswax is already on the stove and is starting to release its wonderful aroma.  I wish I could relay in the blog post what my house smells like.  Best air scent ever.

I will probably set some time aside for baking later on as well.  My little girl has asked that I make her some oatmeal raisin cookies for school this week.  I've never made oatmeal raisin cookies so I guess I have a challenge ahead of me.  Have to find me a good recipe.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment