Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Reflections


“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” 
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass


Happy Sunday everyone!  I hope it finds you in a great health and spirit.

I love quiet lazy Sunday mornings.  My daughter is still sleeping in upstairs and my hubby is tinkering in the garage.  My cat Hercules hopped on the chair beside me and is checking out the cold, snow covered world outside the window, probably daydreaming of the time when he can go adventuring again.  Or maybe he is checking out that Christmas tree that we pushed out the family room door earlier and into the fire pit.  It will make a beautiful, sparkly first spring fire.

We supposed to get another 5-7 cm of snow tonight.  Yes, please Mother Nature, and don't be afraid to bring some more.  A big dump of snow would be awesome, something unprecedented.  Something like 5 feet of snow and shut everything down for a couple of days.  I would love nothing more than this speeding world to stop and stand still for just a short while.  At the same time, I don't want anyone to get hurt in this.  It's just that everyday rush of today's civilization is starting to make me dizzy.

In that spirit, I'm having a pyjama day today.  I've done all the errands yesterday with that in mind. Today besides the laundry, I have only fun activities scheduled.  Art making, show watching, video game playing and book reading.  Not necessarily in that order.

I want to work some more on the art project I started earlier this week.  Hopefully Angel will join me and we'll have an art making session together.  I love that.

Sometime in the afternoon I'll play a little Skyrim.  My son and I made new characters during the holidays and I'm keeping the fire burning.  My favourite part?  Wandering through wilderness, shooting my crossbow at the bad guys.  Always in self defense of course.  Oh yeah.. and the Dwemer ruins.  Old, forgotten structures full of automatons and curious artifacts.  Why can't we have that in the real world?

Later tonight I will probably watch a little bit of "Lost".  I started watching it few days ago and I'm several episodes into the first season.  Keeps pulling me in.  Nothing like the Walking Dead though.  Best show ever.  I have few episodes of the current season left to catch up on and I'm rationing it one episode per week.  It's killing me!  I want more!  I started watching it just couple of months ago, after having it on my radar for about a year.  I've heard there are many more seasons to come and I couldn't be happier.

First though, it's time for a morning tea.  Today I'm having Sun Dried Jingshan Green from Verdant Tea.  It's simply delicious.  Stop by my Paradise In The Teacup for a little review.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Sunday to me! I know what you mean by certain TV shows "pulling you in."

    My hubby and I are always chomping at the bit so to speak in regards to shows which we are thoroughly hooked on i.e. "American Horror Story" and "The Following," , etc. I, personally, really liked "Sons of Anarchy" for some strange reason??? LOL!

    Happy Sunday to you!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my... I love American Horror Story! I was looking at the Sons of Anarchy too, I'll probably give it a go sometime in the future.

      Delete