Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Morning with Terence McKenna


We have gone sick by following a path of untrammeled rationalism, male dominance, attention to the visible surface of things, practicality, and bottomlineism. We have gone very, very sick.
Terence McKenna

Today I want to share with you the video that has captivated me on the most profound level. I've heard Terence McKenna before, I've quoted him many times in the past but I never heard this clip. I actually cried when I listened to it for the first time. It is true that we as society have gone very sick and our time is running out.

Some of us have began the process of self healing.  I know I have. I can hardly recognize myself from the person I was just few short years ago and my transformation is not over yet. I thought it was complete but I've only hit a minor speed bump it appears. It almost feels like cleansing.  Cleansing of everything that keeps my mind rigid and prevents me from living my life in full awareness. Cleansing of all the conditioning that has been imposed on me.

Some of you might be fans of Terence McKenna and some of you may never heard of him.  You might think he is a bit extreme and that's ok.  Listen very closely to what he has to say and pick out the underlying message.  He is on to something.

We are currently living in a culture that is extremely closed minded.  We have imposed so many laws, rules and prohibitions on ourselves that life often feels caged, dull and without meaning. Freedom however, is only a thought away.  


No comments:

Post a Comment