Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Of Bookstore Trip and Calendar Hunt


“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.” 
- Charles William Eliot


Visiting a bookstore is always fun for me, even if I don't walk out of there with the book.  Yesterday was one of those days.  The wall in my office was still missing a current calendar and I also wanted a datebook for 2015 to keep my blog posts ideas organized.  Despite the frigid cold temperatures outside, I decided to make a bookstore trip.

I love bookstores, public libraries and any places in general where there are a lot of books.  I can easily lose hours upon hours when entering one of these places if I'm not careful.  I'm dreaming of a day when I don't have to be careful, when I can just go and lose myself in books for a whole day.


Indigo is one of our local bookstores. It's a big place with a lot of books, curious expensive knick-knacks and other items which I'm always careful to not buy no matter how enticing they are.  It's fun to look through them though.  The smell of coffee permeates the place as they have Starbucks right in the middle of store.  Talk about the homey feeling.  You can grab a coffee or tea and sit down with some books to browse through.  Paradise.

Indigo did not have my calendar but I did pick up my new datebook there.  I really like it.  It was on sale for 30% off which was simply delightful.  The front cover art is a tree of life which is beautiful in itself but I'll be adding a little of my own twist to it.  I'll be steampunking  it tonight.  I'm really excited about it too.



In order to get my calendar I actually had to go to the mall to a small calendar shop they have there.

First, let me tell you how much I don't like malls.  When I go to the mall, it's usually to specific store and I park as close as possible to not have to walk through the whole thing.  Yesterday I wasn't so lucky though.  I didn't know where the calendar store was (since I barely visit the mall of course) and I parked at exactly the opposite end of the mall to where I should have.  Oh Murphy, why must you keep me company?

Despite the long walk and much to my joy all their calendars were 40% off.  I guess this is why subconsciously I waited until after the New Year to do this.  Sometimes when I procrastinate it's for a good reason.  I got my witchy calendar for only $10, taxes included.  That's even cheaper than Amazon which is out of stock anyway.


It's already hanging on my wall right next to the beautiful wall of art I showed you in another one of my posts.  I'm all ready for 2015.  Bring it on!




2 comments:

  1. We have something in common and I had to laugh because I thought I was the only one. I don't care for Kindles at all and I also have a love for bookstores. I like the smell of a book when it's brand new. I like to physically hold the book in my hands, I like the sound the pages make when I turn them and I like displaying them on my book shelf when I finish reading them... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, reading e-books is just not the same. I do it sometimes if I can't get the physical copy of the book for some reason and I feel like it's only half of the experience. The touch and smell of the physical book is the other half. :)

      Delete