Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mechanical Tree Canvas, part 1

“Sometimes you have to close your eyes to see more clearly. Magical things are easier to see if your eyes are closed.” 
- Maxwell Grantly, Runs Like Clockwork


Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope today finds you in a great health and spirit.  As I'm waiting to see if the elusive sun is going to come out and allow for a gorgeous hike this afternoon, I thought I would share with you a project I started.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I was working on the canvas which will mingle oil painting and the steampunking elements.  The painting stage of the project is almost complete.

I love trees. I love drawing them, painting them, photographing and looking at them.  I have several small logs and branches decorating my home office and in the summer, one of my favourite morning activities is to go outside and hug the tree in my backyard.  I'm sure there are some neighbours that think I'm bonkers.  :D  I don't care.

I've always wanted to do a series of art pieces involving trees but I didn't quite know how to approach it. I think now I have a good idea on how to go about it.  Hopefully it turns out the way I plan and this canvas will be one of several to come.

So far I've put around three layers of paint into the background and another layer for the tree.  I will let it rest for couple of days and add another, thicker layer to the tree to make it stand out more.   When the paint portion is done, I will begin to add steampunk elements to the canvas.  I can't wait.  This should be a lot of fun.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to enjoy my amazing Dragonwell green tea while wait for that sun and watch some living simply videos.  I find them very inspiring.  I really hope that some time in the future I can persuade my husband to downsize to a smaller home, deep in the country with enough land to grow our food and raise few chickens.  :D  Some people dream of bigger things in life, I dream of living simply.

Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get your wish to live in the country. We do and we enjoy it a lot! (4 chickens, 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 goose, 1 donkey, & 2 angora goats live with us.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow... that just sounds amazing. I'll keep working towards it.. maybe one day. :)

      Delete