Sunday, December 21, 2014

Yuletide Blessings to all that celebrate!

I can't believe it's already December 21st.  Today is Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year which happens when the sun's height in the sky is at the lowest and the Earth is tilted furthest away from the sun.  It will happen at exactly 6:03 EST.

Today is a day of observance for all the pagans around the world as the rebirth of the sun and the return of longer days.  Many wiccans, witches, druids and others will partake in Yule celebrations, some with their families and some in quiet reflections and intimate rituals.

For me it will be a quiet and intimate affair.  I come from a Christian family where all the celebrations are centered around Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  While I honour these days with my family members, Winter Solstice has a special place in my heart and is of equal importance.

I want to wish all those that celebrate Blessed Yule and all the best in the coming new season.  May the young sun smile on you and bring you all that you need and desire.

Happy Winter Solstice and Blessed Yule to All!


2 comments:

  1. Blessed Yule to you!! I hope you've enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ladyfair. Yes I did very much. :)

      Delete