Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Blessed New Year to all!


Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland

Image curtesy of www.webneel.com
Hello my dear friends and happy New Year's Eve! This is the last post for 2014.  The last day of the year has arrived and soon we'll send it on its merry way.

For me it will be a quiet night. Long passed are the days of big parties and celebrations on New Years Eve. Tonight I will welcome the baby year with my close family only and possibly with a humble toast.

Was 2014 a good or a bad year? It depends on who you ask, of course. For myself and my family it was good I suppose. All of us are reasonably healthy and have a roof over our heads. We are not hungry either.  My oldest daughter graduated university and began life in the real world. She is doing great so far and I wish her much prosperity in her new life journey.  I had a great season in my garden and grew a lot of food despite very unsatisfying summer.  Since we are a family of cats I have to take a moment and mention our furry friends too.  They are all doing great.

For our family, gratitude is definitely in order.

Not everyone was as fortunate as us though.  On the world stage, this year has been very tough on a lot of people. The wars in Ukraine, Gaza and Syria have claimed a lot of innocent lives. ISIS saga brought about the same. We should also not forget all the air tragedies of this year: the disappearance of flight MH370 on March 8, the shooting down of flight MH17 on July 17 as well as the more recent crash of QZ8501 just few days ago. A lot of people have lost their lives unnecessarily and my heart and prayers go out to them and the families they left behind.

As far as New Year wishes go, I wish that 2015 brings something better. I wish that the leaders of our countries give up the greed for power and riches and bring the human race together instead of pinning us one against another.  As cliche as it sounds, I wish for the world peace.

I wish those affected by the tragedies a strength to get through it and a brighter tomorrow.  I wish all those living in poverty a more prosperous future.  I wish all those in poor health an opportunity to get well and a full recovery.  

To all of us together I wish a merry New Year.  Good luck with all the resolutions you've made.  May you and your family be blessed every day of the coming year.

See you all in 2015. :)


6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for a better year in 2015, it seems like everybody experienced some kind of hardship or setback... It was overwhelming hearing about plane crashes and terrorist attacks, but I suppose that kind of stuff happens every year. I just hope on a smaller, local scale things pick up for businesses and give the economy that little boost it needs.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Be to that, sister!!! Have a safe, happy and healthy New Year to come ... for everyone and their families!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very nice article. i like it so much. it's interesting and awesome.

    latest happy new year 2016 HD wallpaper's

    ReplyDelete