Thursday, December 18, 2014

Are you intuitive?

"Intuition comes very close to claivoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality"
- Alexis Carrel


We've all been there at one point in our lives or another.  The situation presents itself to you and it appears that you know what to do or say but there is something deep inside you that disagrees.  That little voice of your gut telling you, nagging you, insisting that what you think you know is wrong.  You try to shut up this annoying voice because it doesn't make sense.  It tells you to go against everything you know to be right.  After all, the situation is clear, the facts are laid out and your decision should be simple.

Not so quick my friend.

That little voice is a voice of your intuition, your instinct, your ability to understand something immediately without the need for conscious reasoning.  I know it well.  It's been with me for so long we've become friends.  In the past I've been called crazy, unreasonable and rude when I heeded its warning, but every time it was right.


I know I'm a deeply intuitive person.  Over the years I've learned to trust my gut no matter what the conscious logic tells me.  Logic is great, don't get me wrong but in certain situations it's not enough.  You have to let it work with your gut ever so often. There will be times when you'll deal with people that know all the right things to say.  They are the manipulators and the liars of this world and they know exactly how to make you do their bidding. There is only one thing they cannot fool and that is your intuition.  That's why you too need to make friends with your gut and learn its warning calls.   Sometimes you may feel like you're crazy and you may even feel like a bad person but trust me the feeling will pass.

There is a constant battle between our conscious mind and the subconscious.  Remember that it's the conscious mind that can be manipulated and it's our subconscious that holds all the right answers.  Over the years I've learned to trust my intuition and accept that it is a big part of who I am.  It's not always easy, sometimes it feels like a never ending tug of war, but my intuition has been right enough times that I think it has earned its place.



2 comments:

  1. I know for sure that I have what they call women's intuition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes... Women's intuition is a great thing. Thank you for your comment Marsha :)

      Delete